We are IOTICS
We're transforming the way the world uses and shares data. A better world will be built on better data interactions - with individuals, enterprises, and communities safely, creatively, collaborating.
This isn’t simple, easy, or predictable – it’s challenging and audacious. If you’re ready to join our journey, inspire the world and champion users as we develop and expand our product, we’d love to work with you.
Software Engineering at IOTICS:
As a software engineer in IOTICS you will help drive product development in a team where nothing is someone else's problem. Where no-one else is going to tell you how to do your job. Where no-one will make your decisions for you but everyone will help everyone else get better at making the right decisions.
We're a fast paced startup, with many more things that we'd like to do than there is time for. We're always looking at how to be more agile, more efficient and more effective. We encourage courageous decisions rather than punishing mistakes. And we want tooling that helps us to move faster rather than processes that slow us down.
- Design, implement and support highly scalable Node.js applications
- Interfacing with other teams to incorporate ideas and features
- Conducting design and code reviews
- Analysing and improving efficiency, scalability and stability of our products
- Helping to maintain and improve build integration and delivery pipelines
- Mentoring and supporting other engineers
What we’re looking for:
- Mastery of one or more front-end technologies (e.g. React JS, Vue.js, Next.js)
- Experience with advanced state management in single page applications (e.g. Redux, Mobx)
- Experience in API development (e.g. REST, gRPC, GraphQL)
- Experience with containerization (e.g. docker, kubernetes, helm)
- Comfortable creating end-to-end tests
- Excited about the opportunity to work on a variety of products and components
- Comfortable working in multiple different languages
- Passion for learning new technologies
Nice to have:
- Exposure to distributed systems and messaging protocols
- Interest in semantic web technologies
- Interest in WebAssembly
- A positive, empowering culture based on trust and respect
- Remote and flexible working
- Exposure to an embryonic and potentially disruptive sector of the industry
- Pension contributions and life insurance
- Part ownership of the business through the Staff Options Pool
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays and the option to take additional holidays for special occasions
- And, restrictions permitting: a few great parties and company/team get togethers!